About Morgan Jay
Morgan Jay is a first generation American performer based out of Los Angeles. Originally from New Jersey, he started his career in NYC where he attended the Tisch School of the Arts. With over six years of stand up experience and an extensive background in music Morgan has managed to create a unique performance that touches comedy and music fans alike with his smooth melodies derived from his love for classic RnB and Bossanova.
He’s performed at the 2017 SF Sketchfest, 2017/2018 Big Fire Festival, 2010 Iowa Comedy Festival, 2010 LA Comedy Festival. He won the 2012 Westside Comedy Showdown. Morgan is a regularly featured artist for sofarsounds.com and was one of the top booking acts for the 2017 NACA. Morgan also won 1st Prize for best comedy/novelty song in the International Songwriting Competition which received over 16,000 submissions.
Make sure to check out his album on iTunes and his music videos and sketches on youtube!
- 8/12 - 1pm Brunch Show Silverlake
- 8/13 - 8pm Burbank Comedy Festival
- 8/13 - 10pm Sycamore Tavern
- 8/14 - 430pm Burbank Comedy Festival
- 8/15 - 8pm Boobie Trap LA (6555 Hollywood Blvd)
- 8/16 - 8pm Burbank Comedy Festival
- 8/16 - 945pm Sanctuary in Silverlake
- 8/17 - 11pm at Westside Comedy Theater
- 8/18 - Freak Show in Las Vegas
- 8/21 - Lander University
- 8/22 - 10pm Club House in Los Feliz
- 8/24 - MC Sofar Sounds Show
- 8/26 - Winthrop University
- 8/27 - Britannia Pub 10pm Santa Monica
- 8/29 - 9pm Ventura Comedy Festival
- 8/31 - 8pm Ventura Comedy Festival
- 8/31 - 11pm Ventura Comedy Festival
- 9/2 - 7pm Ventura Comedy Festival
- 9/5 - 8pm Boobie Trap LA (6555 Hollywood Blvd)
- 9/10 - 8pm Bearburger in Santa Monica
- 9/12 - 9/15 Boston Comedy Festival
- 9/18 - Sofar Sounds NYC
- 9/19 - Emporia State University
- 10/2 - Headlining in San Diego
- 10/3 - Westwood VA
- 10/3 - 10pm Trip Tease Burlseque in Santa Monica
- 10/5 - 830pm (1728 Glendale Blvd 90026)
- 10/27 - NACA Mid America Showcase
Feel free to message me for more details. More Dates are always added.
Watch more videos
News, Press, & Updates
"This man's hilarious. During his song Single Now, Morgan started singing to my friend until she was snorting uncontrollably...an 11 out of 10" - Star McCown, the setlist blog
"Morgan Jay is the next musical comedy prodigy." - Eden Golan...Music Blogger
“When I listened to Morgan Jay’s last song, it was one of the funniest moments of my life,” show attendee Ben Oved said. “I was laughing so hard...I literally couldn’t stop" Jay...serenaded the audience with his tune called “Dot Dot Dot,” which he correctly characterizes as “the only song about text fighting you’ll ever need to hear.” - Barbara Burker...Malibu Surfside News
"A musician has composed a song about Donald Trump's Hands - and it's something of a masterpiece. - Irish Examiner
"I hope you never find happiness so you continue to write these beautiful songs." - One funny audience member
"It was actually pretty good."-Most people who don't like music comedy
Laundry triggers me.
The @NBA summer league is everywhere. We cannot escape it.